You will need to check-in to receive your conference ID badge. Your badge is your golden ticket of admission to all the fun!
Check-in is in the Russell Hall lobby from 7 – 8:30 a.m.
Your ID badge must be worn at all presentation sessions and at all conference events.
You can park anywhere on campus on Sunday for early check-in. There are several parking areas near Russell Hall.
- Dress at the conference is business casual – with a strong emphasis on the “casual.”
- Jeans, t-shirts, sweaters and khakis are common, both during the conference sessions and at evening events.
- Session rooms can be chilly, so you may want to bring a sweater or dress in layers.
The Weather Forecast
Upper 80s. No chance of rain Sunday or Monday, but looks like rain on Tuesday.
For the best weather reports of our area, visit ABC 33/40 Weather, home of our keynote speaker James Spann.
We’ll provide lunch on Monday, coffee and a light breakfast on Monday and Tuesday morning (think breakfast hor d’oeuvres while you sip coffee and chit chat), a snack break on Monday afternoon as well as light hor d’oeuvres at both social events.
There are a lot of great restaurants in downtown Tuscaloosa within walking distance of both social events so we encourage everyone to head downtown and enjoy dinner with some new friends.
The Conference Google Map
Check out the conference Google map to help you find your way around campus and downtown Tuscaloosa for all of the conference events. The map also highlights the walking routes from the parking deck to Russell Hall as well as from The Hotel Capstone to Russell Hall.
We also have directional signs placed around campus to help you find your way around.
Join Us Monday Night at Wilhagan’s!
Wilhagan’s is a great restaurant/bar in downtown Tuscaloosa with pool tables, darts, and a fun atmosphere. After Monday’s sessions end, we hope you’ll head downtown, enjoy dinner with some new friends, and then walk over to Wilhagan’s to challenge us in a game of trivia, complete with prizes!
We’ll provide light hors d’oeuvres and there’ll be a cash bar. We hope you’ll join us to have some fun and hang out with all of the attendees.
We’ve listed some of our favorite area restaurants on the conference map
if you’d like some recommendations.
The party starts at 7 p.m., trivia starts at 7:30!
Code of Conduct
The HighEdWeb community is awesome. And we want it to keep on being awesome for everyone. As we look forward to a great conference, we wanted to remind everyone of what we know you already know:
- HighEdWeb is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of factors such as sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, culture, or religion. Read the Code of Conduct policy.
- If you are being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately — you can also call our 24-hour HighEdWeb Alabama Emergency Hotline: (205) 690-3899.
Russell Hall – Our Main Venue
The majority of the conference will take place inside Russell Hall on the campus of The University of Alabama.
Parking for Russell Hall
If you’re not staying at The Hotel Capstone (which is within walking distance), parking for Russell Hall will be available on campus in the Campus Drive parking deck at the corner of Campus Drive and Hackberry Lane. Please review the conference map to find the parking deck and the best route to the deck once you arrive on campus.
There is only one entrance to the parking deck. The entrance is located on Campus Drive, pictured below right by the stop sign. The deck should be open for our use but if, for some weird reason, you cannot get into the deck, just park around the deck.
What institutions are represented at HighEdWeb Alabama?
- Alabama A&M University (Huntsville, Alabama)
- Auburn University (Auburn, Alabama)
- The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, Alabama)
- The University of Alabama at Huntsville (Huntsville, Alabama)
- The University of Montevallo (Montevallo, Alabama)
- Henderson State University (Arkadelphia, Arkansas)
- Arkansas Tech University (Russellville, Arkansas)
- The University of West Florida (Pensacola, Florida)
- The University of Georgia (Athens, Georgia)
- The University of Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Mississippi State University (Starkville, Mississippi)
- The University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, Mississippi)
- The University of Mississippi (Oxford, Mississippi)
- Delta State University (Cleveland, Mississippi)
- Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, New York)
- Freed-Hardeman University (Henderson, Tennessee)
- The University of Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
- The University of Tennessee (Knoxville, Tennessee)
- The Citadel (Charleston, South Carolina)
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the HighEdWeb Alabama committee.